Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Parking and Such

Click for embiggening.

Moar details for y'all.

Parking:
Curse of the colorblind, but I'm pretty sure I picked out green and red for the aerial view shown above.  In any case, areas marked in what I think is green are suitable for parking.  For those of you staying overnight, I strongly suggest you park along Webster street or at least move your cars there after the ride.  PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN WHAT I THINK IS THE RED AREA!  That's where my neighbors park, and they'll be cool as long as we're being cool.  Otherwise, you should be good parking at any of the Davis Park parking lots.  I'd avoid the parking lot on the east side of HWY 1 (1st ave) since it's currently youth soccer season, although I'm sure you'd be fine if you're not staying overnight.

Start/Finish:
The start/finish will be at the west intersection of HWY 1 (1st ave) and Webster street.  My house is on the southwest corner of this intersection, and that's where you'll be checking in.  If you need the address for GPS purposes, email me at craig@projectbackroads.com and I'll send it to you.  I just don't want to put it out there on the wild wild world of the interwebs for all to see.

Facilities:
I have but one bathroom for the 20+ people who have already signed up, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to hit up a gas station bathroom on your way over to avoid the line.  I debated bringing in a porta-john, but I think we're below the threshold where we really need one and since all expenses for this ride come out of my pocket I'm going to be a cheap bastard on this one.  I doubt this will be as much of an issue after the ride since people will be more spread out and less antsy.  Plus, it'll be dark and I have bushes.  If you're staying the night, you'll have access to the shower.  The hot water will only last for the first two or three people, so you can rock-paper-scissors for the privilege.  Sorry, it's an old house with an old water heater.  I'll have a hose out in the yard as well if you just need a quick rinse.

Road construction:
Unfortunately there is currently road construction at the intersection of HWY 30 and HWY 1 that will affect everyone but the locals and those coming in from the north side of town.  Right now you can't get on HWY 1 northbound directly from HWY 30, so on Thursday I'll post a map with the current state of the detours.  Luckily Mount Vernon isn't a very big town, so even if you forget to check back you should still be able to find your way to HWY 1.

Miscellaneous:
  • If you're planning on hanging around after the ride, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring something to sit on.  I'll have some extra chairs, and I'm going to see if I can borrow some folding chairs from work, but just it would still be wise to bring your own just in case.
  • I'll have stuff for tacos warmed up and ready for the after party, with meat and vegetarian fillings.  I'll make a half-hearted effort to provide a vegan option as well, but no guarantees.
  • There will be pre-ride snacks as well.  Feel free to take some along for the ride.
  • Any questions about anything?  Feel free to shoot me an email or post a comment.  I typically respond within a few hours.

1 comment: